Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

When I Grow Up... A Great Career Writing Bulletin Board for OpEn HoUse!

This project integrates writing with social studies and makes an awesome bulletin board for Open House!
I got some X-rays from my dentist.

~I take pictures of the students dressed up looking like what they want to be when they grow up.

~I have collected a variety of "dress up" clothes to represent many careers, but you can also get creative and improvise:
*Use a man's white shirt to look like  lab coat for a doctor or a scientist.

*Use stuffed animals for your future veterinarians to hold and take the photo by a sink.

*Use a tricycle for your future race car drivers.

*Stand a future politician by your flag.

Then, they write about what they want to be when they grow up using one of these templates.

We take some photos outside.
                                   


The parents love to read each one on my bulletin board.

This little guy brought in a hat and
cover-alls to look like an
archeologist.  :)
This was the 1st year I had a zookeeper.  :)

He brought in a live fish in a bowl of water! :)
We set this photo up in our playhouse.
You can get the writing templates here.

You might also like our career puppets.
We have:

Have fun with this project.  :)                               


0 comments:

Post a Comment