Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Seasonal Writing

I like to use these seasonal writing templates to motivate writing based on a theme.
Students use the writing prompt to answer a question, they complete the sentence, and illustrate it.
You can staple the entire year of prompts into one book to show growth over time.

You can also have everyone complete the same page,
collect them and create a class book out of them.


Some writing prompts are:
Magnets attract...
I like ________ apples.  (Students insert an apple color)
In the fall, I like to...
________ sink.  _________ float.
For Halloween, I will be...
My favorite Thanksgiving food is...
In the winter, I like to...
My dream is... (relates to Martin Luther King Day:  What is your dream for the world?)
I would rather have a..... (beard like Lincoln or a wig like Washington)
My leprechaun has...
In the spring, I like to...
In the summer, I like to...

Plus more.  The link for the templates is here:  Month-To-Month-Writing


0 comments:

Post a Comment