Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Cutest Pointer For Spring

A kindergarten teacher in my district taught us all how to make these one year:

I added some bling too.


Aren't they cute?  This is what you need:
I keep this one on my front board
1 garden glove
Some stuffing
1 dowel
Hot glue & glue gun
Some trim.

Stuff the glove with stuffing.
Insert dowel all the way up to the tip of the pointer finger.
Gather the opening and tie it with some colorful trim from the fabric store.
Use a glue gun and hot glue to secure the dowel at the opening and to glue the other 3 fingers to the glove.
Then use the glue gun and glue to secure the thumb over "tall man" and 'ring man" which are already folded down and glued to the palm of the glove.

My kids love to "Read The Room" with this pointer and a pair of glasses with the lenses popped out.

I use this strong magnet (see photo) to hold it to my magnetic white board.
Funny thing, the magnet is from a fishing shop.  It is meant to be used with another magnet to hold fishing rods to the inside of a pickup truck!  I took one look at this "C" shaped magnet and said, "No, this will hold a pointer to my front board!"  If you are interested in buying a magnet like this, just email me or leave a comment here.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment