Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

April Is Poetry Month... Easy-Breezy Poetry Cubes

Here is an Easy-Breezy daily poetry activity:

I use these poetry cubes every day.  Our "Special Person" of the day gets to roll the cube and I read the poem that lands on the top.  
I cover my cubes with wrapping paper, add the poems, then cover with clear contact paper.  I have one for each month plus a birthday cube.  They have lasted over 20 years!  
Click the image to find out how to make them. 

We listen for the rhymes and we say our little chant each time we hear one.  
For example, if the rhymes we hear are "hat" and "cat" we say,  
"Hat, Cat, Hat, Cat, they both end with at."

Here is the link to see how to make these Poetry Cubes out of 
1/2 gallon milk or juice containers.
Just click HERE.

This is also a great way to include the word "cube" in your daily lessons.  

See you all tomorrow.
Palma :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment