Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

What Happens In New Hampshire...

... doesn't stay in New Hampshire!

I'm here in beautiful Nashua, New Hampshire at The New England Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Conference!   So, what's not staying in New Hampshire???
If you didn't get the handout, scroll down to the bottom.


I have been giving things away! Like a FREE year to ESGI. What is ESGI, you ask?
Well, it's the one thing that saved me umpteen hours every year when it came to testing students and analyzing data. And my students LOVED it so much that they often begged me to test them! Really!
Click the image to go to ESGI's website.

They loved looking at the screen and telling me the names of the letters, the sounds. the names of numbers, and the sight words, just to name a few.

All I had to do was click "yes" or "no" and I was done!

Then there is the data, lots of useful data! There are bar graphs that allow you to click on the green portion to see exactly who has mastered each skill.  More importantly, if you click on the grey portion, you see exactly who has NOT mastered each skill. And there you have it: your R.T.I.  

Let's not forget the individualized flash cards you can print for each child and the parent letter (in English and Spanish) that clearly shows the skills their child has mastered and the skills their child has not mastered yet. 

Sample parent letter. 


I also love that I can view raw scores from the beginning of the year pre-test to a score for each trimester so I can clearly see growth over time. And we can view scores based on each teacher's class.

And did I mention that you can even schedule parent conferences on ESGI? Well, you can!
Click any of the images to get more info.

If you didn't get to attend this wonderful New England conference and win a year of ESGI, don't worry. You can still try it out for FREE for 60 days!  You will want to enter the code KFUN while requesting your 60 day trial so you will qualify for the $40 discount should you decide to enroll for your first year. Don't worry, they won't do anything tricky like automatic enrollment. This is a great company which was founded by a kindergarten teacher and managed by a super friendly and knowledgable staff who is always ready to help.


Click the image.https://www.esgisoftware.com






 I also got to wear my tutu apron wherever I went! Even in the hotel elevator where I scared a man.
Yep, I was rushing onto the elevator in my bright pink tutu apron and this man actually jumped backwards when he saw me coming. I just smiled and said, "Don't judge, I'm presenting at a conference." He replied (kind of slowly), "To who?"  I told him I was presenting to kindergarten teachers and he just say, "Ohhhhhhhhh," and stepped off of the elevator!.

Check out all of the cool apron styles offered at Show And Tell Aprons.


I hope you leave me a comment and check back on Dec. 10 for a special surprise!


And, If you had trouble downloading the correct Emergent Writing handout, 
here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4SnMl7OTYkWXy12U0lXWXEycWM/view?usp=sharing

Here is another link you can try to grab that handout:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwze0j7ef02rpsl/Emergent%20Writing%20Techniques%20pdf%20copy.pdf?dl=0


Let me know if you have any problems with this link 
by emailing me at:
kfundamentals@gmail.com


If you are here, leave a comment. I love hearing from teachers who have attended my sessions across the country.

And.. Congratulations to Rachel Duarte who won a Show & Tell apron of her choice from showandtellaprons.com

10 comments:

  1. I just left your presentation on "It's a Great Day for Science" I can't wait to get back to my classroom to implement your great tips especially your cooking tips!
    Thank you!
    Nora - nlmariamgt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time at 2 of your workshops yesterday. You gave me a lot of great ideas that I will be using in my classroom. Thank you for taking the time to share your love of teaching with all of us.
    Kathy - k_carrier@sau9.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun today at SDE! I attended your "It's a Great Day for Science" and "Developing Writing Skills" workshops. I loved all your your ideas! Very creative! Thanks for all of your hard work and sharing all of your knowledge! I will definitely subscribe to your blog and check back frequently!
    -Rachel
    rachel.a.badger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Rachel! Your name came up as the winner of a Show & Tell apron of your choice. They will email you soon. :)

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed you so much in the am session that I had to come back and see you for the afternoon session! Thanks for all your GREAT ideas!

    Becky
    r_noble@sau9.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your presentations Palma! I attended 4 of them and they were amazing! You are so engaging and all of your material was inspiring. I will be trying a ton of your ideas in my classroom. Thanks again!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the wonderful ideas today at your science presentation! I am excited to bring a science discovery center into my classroom!

    -Megan Webster
    mdwebby1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved both your sessions. I plan to use so many of your ideas next week. You were very helpful. Thank you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your science presentation! Some new ideas to supplement things I already do-and some new stuff! Thanks!
    Laura Smith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ALL for your sweet comments! I thoroughly enjoyed getting to meet the sweet teachers of New England. :)

    ReplyDelete