Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

My Periscope Cooking Demo

Mouth-watering Breaded Chicken:

So easy and quick to make!

What Is Periscope, you ask?

My new toy is the FREE Periscope App on my iPhone. You can grab it from the Apple App Store or wherever Android users get their apps. (I admit it, I'm an iPhone snob. Please forgive me.)

I got to thinking that lots of teachers are just chilling' and enjoying some time off without having to think about school at all. They probably have some time on their hands to do things like, umm, cook dinner! 

I LOVE to cook, so I thought I would Periscope a quick little "how to" on what I was making for dinner.

What's Palma Cooking Tonight?

I only showed how to make the "mouth-watering chicken", but here is the entire menu:

Appetizer: Caprese bruschetta
Mouth-watering Chicken
lemon potatoes
green salad

We started with the appetizer:

Sliced mozzerella, tomatoes, and fresh basil.
Drizzle with olive oil & your favorite balsamic vinegar.
Drizzle olive oil on sliced sour dough bread and brown in a cast iron skillet.
So good!

 
Now, those who know me know that I'm a Pescatarian. 
But when I tell people that, they think it's a religion! 
Here is what it means:

pes·ca·tar·i·an
ˌpeskəˈte(ə)rēən/
noun
  1. a person who does not eat meat but does eat fish.

    Chicken does not qualify as fish, so the chicken dinner was for my dear husband.
     I enjoyed eating all of the side dishes. 
    My chicken-less veggie dinner.

    Then, I made the sides:

    Lemon Potatoes: 
    Mix in a baking dish:
    3-4 Sliced & diced potatoes (leave the skin on)
    4 cloves of garlic
    Squeeze in the juice of 1/2 of a lemon
    salt/pepper
    drizzle with olive oil
    add 2/3 cup of water
    Bake @ 350 degrees for about an hour.
    As it bakes, it absorbs the water.

    So I set up all of my ingredients, logged onto Periscope, and recorded my own little cooking show! 

    Here is how to make the chicken:
    Wash 6 boneless chicken thighs in salt water & pat dry.
    In 1 bowl: squeeze the juice of 1/2 of a lemon into 1 cup of plain yogurt.
    In a 2nd bowl: combine 1 cup of breadcrumbs, 3 T of Parmesan cheese, 3 cloves of minced garlic.
    Coat the chicken with the yogurt and then the bread crumbs.
    Place the pieces in a baking dish & bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.


    It was so much fun and I got lots of cute comments and hearts. Even Clifford got in on the show. And, it was ALL ORGANIC!

    So, download the free app
    search for KFUNdamentals
    and look for "KFUNdamentals What's Palma Cooking Tonight?" 
    Then you can see the "live" video of my demo, 
    but just like Cinderella, it will be gone when the clock strikes 
    6:15 PM Pacific time on Saturday, July 18 




0 comments:

Post a Comment