Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Are you looking for an easy Father's Day gift your students can make?

So much fun & your dads will love these 2 ideas:

#1)  I got a bag of rocks @ the Dollar Store and we made personalized paper weights.
For bigger rocks, you can look for river rocks at a home improvement store.

First, have your students type up the following message:
My dad rocks!
Love,
(child's name)

Next, I cut a piece of white tissue paper to 8"X10 1/2" so it would be just a bit smaller than a piece of Xerox paper.  I carefully taped the edges of the tissue paper to the Xerox paper being carful not to overlap the tape.  Then, I placed them it in the printer.  I clicked on print and the individual messages printed right on the tissue paper.  I had to use two pieces to fit all 31 names on the tissue paper.

Tear around each message.

Next, I tore around each message instead of cutting them out.

I called kids up to to my table 2 at a time to base coat their rock with a light coat of Mod Podge.
Base coat the entire rock with Mod Podge.

Carefully place the message on each
rock and let the kids coat it with more
Mod Podge.

We worked on laminated construction paper.

Then, I gave them their personalized message and they pressed it on their wet rock and continued to coat it with more Modge Podge.  Go light with the Mod Podge.  It will dry clear.  



Make sure they coat the bottom too.  I had them work on a piece of laminated construction paper so the rock would not stick to anything or mess up the table.
These rocks are drying.

The following rock is still pretty wet, but it will dry clear.  We will wrap them up tomorrow.  

You can see that the lighter rocks work better with a dark font.
This was quick, easy, and child friendly. 

AND... #2)  
I had each child copy their father's (or other significant adult in their life's) name on this notepad template and I made 20 copies so each child got to create a personalized notepad for Father's Day. Here is the link for the template: CLICK HERE.
CLICK THE IMAGE.
 So, are you doing a cute craft for Father's Day? Share your ideas in the comments. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment