Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Classroom Organization Part 1 ~ Keeping Track of The Small Stuff

Back To School Set Up:

I thought I would get back into blogging by posting a series of "Back-to-School" ideas. Now, I know that summer just started, but it's never too early to start thinking about and planning for the back to school frenzy. 
Can you tell I'm obsessed with keeping my centers organized?  

Keeping Track Of The Small Stuff:

Little people can often take lose the little pieces at your center. I don't have the time to check that every piece is at every center, so I create a template that does the checking for me. 


First, I trace all of the pieces, then I laminate the template. At clean-up time, the children simply place the items on the outlines and I can quickly see that all of the pieces are present and accounted for. (I used a plastic tray from a box of Mochi ice cream treats from Trader Joes. Whole Foods carries mochis too. The trays are great to organize magnetic balls or other tiny pieces.)

I will try to post more Back To School ideas here during the summer.

Until then, check out all of the other links by CLICKING HERE!


0 comments:

Post a Comment