Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Did You Hear? 2017 News...

Jo-Ann's Is Celebrating Teachers:

From Jan 1-7 teachers get 20% (instead of the regular 15%) at Jo-Ann's Stores!
And they have everything from glue sticks to stickers!  CLICK HERE for more info. 

A FUN Idea:

I covered my front table (you know, the one with my document camera, laptop, and anything I was going to share with my students during "whole group time") with different fabric each month.
I bought about 1-2 yards of fabric to go with each month or theme. My students loved feeling like there was a new feel in the classroom on the first of every month. 
Here is the red checkered picnic themes fabric on my front table.
I was using a portable SMART Board while we were waiting for the permanent one to be installed. 

Some of the fabrics included a red and white gingham fabric to go with my picnic them at the beginning of each school year, a spider web print on black fabric for October, and a "Frozen" snowflake print for January. Of course, the blue fabric with white stars looked great when we studied American National Symbols in Feb. and the illusive leprechaun left a St. Patrick's print for us in March! If you are thinking of doing this, now is the time to grab that fabric while it's 20% off for teachers! 
 
I also used the fabric as a background for their monthly photo that I put in their memory books. The first photo of the year was just a headshot. Other photos included the students dressed in their Halloween costumes for October, wearing a ski cap & scarf in January, or holding one of our baby ducklings or chicks in May. 
Just pin the fabric up and take photos in front of it. 

Start 2017 By Following Me & Grab Your FREEBIES:


0 comments:

Post a Comment