Pages

Monday, August 7, 2017

Kindergarten Classroom Set Up Part 1 of 3

My friend, who is also teaching TK this year, picked up a package of lined dry erase contact paper posters for me.
Thank you, Lauren!!!  :)
(If you click the image above, it will take you to a set of 30 sheets of 8 1/2" X 11" lined sheets.)

The ones I originally bought were about 18" X 22" and they came in a package of 3 for about $15.

I cut them into quarters and placed them on construction paper that had already been laminated.
(Eventually, and not pictured here, I added a set of letters to the construction paper before I laminated it.)
It looks like there is a bubble of air under the dry erase
paper, but it's only the glare.
I left room at the top to attach a row of sticky tape with the alphabet and one with numbers.
I'll post more pix once I get the letters and numbers attached.

Now, each child has their own lined dry erase placemat to use during small group time.
The red mat has a red cup of dry erase markers and
an eraser.  The orange mat has an orange cup, etc.

The little dry erase markers and erasers from Target's Dollar Spot finish this off!
And we have to have our Easy Buttons.
One in English and one in Spanish!
While you are at Staples picking up your Easy Buttons, you can pick up some 8" X 10" lined dry erase contact paper.  Click RIGHT HERE for the link.  If you want the 8.5" X 11" size,  Click HERE for the link from another source.  


And if you live in Southern California, Education Station (in the San Fernando Valley) is where my friend got the 3-pack of poster size lined dry erase contact paper.

I have a yellow mat for me so I can use it as a sample mat.
What is great about these is that you can flip them over if you are doing a cut and paste lesson and the laminated mats keep the glue from getting on the tables.  The mats wash up easily.


I'm planning to post each day as I set up my room, so stop by tomorrow.

What are you doing differently in your room this year?

You might also like:
Our First Day of Kindergarten Note for Parents







The Royal King of Ing






Number Formation & Chants
See you all tomorrow!
Palma :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment