Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Remember Snail Mail? We got Some From Around The World!

I heard about a cool project on Facebook:


Teachers of young children from all around the world signed up to exchange postcards!
Each group was made up of about a dozen classes, but our group has 15 participants.  :)

We each created or bought a postcard and told a bit about our class.

We made fingerprint people and I wrote a bit about the things we do in our class and glued that note to each postcard.
Then, we mailed them off!

We received postcards from Italy and Ireland!


What fun it has been to get our postcards from around the world!

So many of my students don't understand snail mail and have been amazed that a card can travel around the world.

We had fun pinning them to our map too.


Later, we will visit the post office to see how all of this happens!

I'm so grateful to my friend, Linda, who created this bulletin board for me and made all of the cool stars too!

This Facebook group became private as soon as it was filled, but they do this every year.
Watch my blog and I'll let you all know when they do this again and you can sign up too.
This one was for preschool, transitional kindergarten, and kindergarten age students.  

And check out my newest creation on TPT:

See you all tomorrow!
Palma :)
Check us out on:
          Facebook:  KFUNdamentals on Facebook
          Pinterest:  KFUNdamentals on Pinterest
          Teachers Pay Teachers:  KFUNdamentals on TPT

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty neat! Did you use consider using Google Earth to show the children where the cards where mailed from, too? You might be able to Skype with some of those classes as well!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete